1. The Interclean Video competition (the “Competition”) is open to certain residents of the EMEA region aged 18 and over. The Competition is void where prohibited by law. Failure to comply with any part of this clause will disqualify the respective entry from the contest.
2. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Rubbermaid Commercial Products Limited (“RCP” or the “Promoter”), their group companies, their agencies, family members or anyone else connected to the Competition.
3. Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Competition you must reply to posts about the Competition on RCP’s Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn profile with a comment that correctly identifies the yellow recycling bin as being the bin shown for recycling cans in the video used in the post (the ‘Competition Question’), and you must like / follow Rubbermaid Commercial Products on the platform through which you are entering the competition. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this contest. If you have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the Competition, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Interclean Video Competition” in the subject line.
5. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us. The winners shall be the owners of the social media accounts from which the comment was made. All taxes are the responsibility of the winner. RCP reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this clause by tampering with the operation of the contest (including not limited to) setting up multiple accounts, using multiple identities or to be acting in any manner deemed by the promoter to be in violation of these terms and conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the promoter to be disruptive.
6. RCP accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by RCP. Obscene or inappropriate entries will not be accepted, and the promoter reserves the right to reject any entries for any reason at its sole discretion.
7. The Competition opens at 12:30 BST on Thursday 12th May 2022 and closes at 23:59 BST on Monday 16 May 2021. Entries received outside this time period will be void.
8. People who answer the Competition Question correctly will be entered into a random prize draw to determine the winner. The decision will be final.
9. In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the RCP’s reasonable control, RCP reserves the right to change the dates of the Prize and substitute with other dates, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without a reasonable notice to the Entrants.
10. The prizes: 2 prize winners will each receive a £100 (or equivalent value in winners’ currency) hotel voucher from https://www.hotelgift.com/ Only one winner per household. RCP accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize that are not expressly included in the prize.
11. The winner will be notified by private message - or public message if the winners’ privacy settings do not allow for private messages from RCP – to the social media account from which the Competition entry was submitted, on or before 31 May 2022and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to RCP within 14 days of being notified of their win, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and RCP shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will also have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and RCP shall be entitled to select another winner.
12. The prize will be sent to the winner by 30 June 2022.
13. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
14. RCP reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
15. RCP, and any of its affiliates acting as a controller under relevant data protection rules and regulations, will retain your personal data solely for the further course and completion of this contest, for participation management and contact with winners. This includes full name, postal address and email address. Your personal data will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to any third party that are not affiliated to Newell Brands unless required for the proper conduct of this contest. You have a right to access, modify or remove your personal data by completing the following form. For any complaints, questions and/or the exercise of its rights, participants can contact (i) their local customer service team; or (ii) our Data Privacy Committee here. The participants also have the right to contact the data protection authority that is competent for their place of residence or the lead supervisory authority for Newell Brands, namely the Information Commissioner’s Office of Wycliff House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 6AF, United Kingdom, www.ico.co.uk. We will contact you directly should we wish to use your personal data for any post event publicity (such as re-posting on our own Instagram page). You are free to consent or reject any requests for us to use your data for post-event publicity. By participating in the contest, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions. For further information, please read our general Privacy Statement. You can find a list and contact details of Newell Brands Controller entities on the following page Newell Brands Data Controllers.
16. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the contest or any prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
17. To the extent permitted by applicable law, RCP reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of RCP in all matters relating to the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event that RCP permanently discontinues the Competition pursuant to this paragraph, the entrants in the Competition shall be released from their obligations to RCP under these Terms and Conditions.
18. RCP shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, pandemics or epidemics, supervening legislation, or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
19. The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Competition submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. This choice of law does not deprive you of the protection afforded to you under your own laws and such provisions that cannot be derogated from by agreement by virtue of the law of your jurisdiction.
20. Promoter: Newell Rubbermaid UK Limited, Registered Office at Halifax Avenue – Fradley Park, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 8SS, United Kingdom